Join a Committee
Joining a committee is a great way to get involved in the Sandy Area Chamber, with its members and the community. There are several committees and all Chamber members are encouraged to participate. To join a committee contact the Sandy Area Chamber office at 801.566.0344.
Women in Business Committee
The Women in Business Committee (WIB) is made up of active and successful business women throughout the area (aka a #LadyBoss). Whether you’re a manager, employee, or simply someone who wants to become more involved – this is the committee for you. The Committee works to help others in the area succeed helping women open doors in business, finding mentors, and assisting in building recognition for businesses. WIB hosts a monthly networking and professional development lunch, oversees the Jr. WIB Scholarship Program, works to elevate women in leadership roles, and hosts ongoing social opportunities. Essentially, it’s your favorite lady group/social gathering x10.
The Jr. WIB Scholarship Program awards $1,000 scholarships to female high school seniors at each high school within the Canyons School District. These seniors are selected for their outstanding achievements in education and the community. Scholarships are awarded at the completion of the program and are generously donated by WCF Insurance.
If you are interested in joining our outstanding Women in Business Committee, please contact Karla Rogers at email@example.com or 801.727.4504.
Public Policy Committee
Is politics your forte? Are you looking to get involved with the latest happenings in the legislature? Join our public policy committee!
- Discuss legislation that affects key industries
- Recommend policy, legislation, and regulatory solutionsIdentify issues as they arise to advocate on behalf of your business
- Collaborate with other political gurus who care about key issues in the state of Utah
To get involved with our Public Policy Committee, contact Greg Summerhays at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.727.4510.
Business Advisory Council
The purpose of this council is for us to learn first-hand from businesses what their current challenges are and how as a Chamber we can help respond to those challenges. Have an opinion? Loud or soft, we’d love to hear from you!
- Discuss the way the Chamber is currently doing business
- Explore ways the Chamber can do more to better serve our business community
- Decide if the Chamber is on par with its marketing and promotion
- Brainstorm and share ideas you have on how the Chamber can run more effectively
Contact Greg Summerhays at email@example.com or 801.727.4510 to get involved with our Business Advisory Council.
The Ambassador Committee is made up of active chamber members who have extra responsibilities to ensure the Sandy Area Chamber and its members receive the benefits of Chamber membership. Think of it as a brand ambassador for the Chamber. You rep your favorite things about the mission and direction of the chamber and attend Chamber functions to show other members the ropes. Each Ambassador is a representative of the Chamber’s President and the Board of Directors and also has the responsibility of welcoming new chamber members. Check out a few things things that makes being an ambassador the greatest things since sliced bread.
- Build relationships with business owners
- Meet new Chamber members and develop a personal relationship as new members are oriented
- Attend and participate in ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Become a mentor for new business owners
- Become a recognized leader in the community
- Gain exposure with businesses
Any chamber member can join. Contact Karla at 801.727.4504 or karla@sandychamber to get involved.